CRRSAA Emergency Funds (HEERF)
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020. In total, the CRRSAA authorizes $81.88 billion in support for education, in addition to the $30.75 billion expeditiously provided last spring through the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
Enroll for Spring 2022 now!
HEERF Funds are available!
The more hours you are enrolled in, the more funds you are eligible to receive.
These funds are in addition to financial aid, scholarships, or other external funding sources.
How to get up to $1,500 in three easy steps... and if you are already enrolled, it is only two steps!
- Enroll in at least six (6) credit hours for Spring 2022 by January 18, 2022. (Actual award amounts will be based on registered hours for Spring 2022 at the end of the business day on January 31, 2022).
- Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen.
- Complete the College HEERF application or College Dual Credit HEERF application and select SP22 as the semester.
Spring 2022 Disbursements
|6-11 Credit Hours||$500|
|12-14 Credit Hours||$1000|
|15 or more Credit Hours||$1500|
How to submit your application for HEERF funds:
- Go to the
Student Portal and log in... login is required!
- Go to MySRC. The HEERF application links are located on the left-hand side, all the way at the bottom of the menu.
- If you are a dual credit student, click on: Dual Credit HEERF Student Grant Application
- If you are NOT a dual credit student, click on: College HEERF Student Grant Application
- Offer is for Spring 2022 only.
- Offer available limited time only-until funding is exhausted.
Awards based on registered hours for Spring 2022 at the end of the business day on January 31, 2022.
- Funds are in addition to any other funding sources including Pell, MAP, and scholarships.
- High school students taking dual credit courses at the high school are eligible for $25 per credit hour and must complete the Dual Credit HEERF application.
- High school students taking at least six (6) credits of dual credit courses online or on campus at SRC are eligible for the $500 incentive and must complete the Dual Credit HEERF application.
- Awards will be applied to student accounts after January 31, 2022. Any Nelnet payment plans will be reduced by the amount awarded after funds are applied to student accounts. Awarding may take up to 10 days.
- Must be enrolled in Spring 2022 credit courses (VSK, CE, ABE, ASE, ESL credits are not eligible).
What You Need To Know About HEERF Funds:
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis to ensure students meet eligibility requirements.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until funding is exhausted.
Students will be notified of the HEERF award through MySRC email.
DO NOT report this as income when filing a FAFSA.
This is not considered financial aid when calculating financial aid and award eligibility.
- The federal tax treatment of these funds is still uncertain. We will update this page once further information is available from the IRS.
- All awards must adhere to federal statutory and regulatory requirements.